pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

This is just plain crazy

This started three years ago in September, I woke up during the night in extreme pain. My foot felt like someone smashed it. by the end of the next day both feet were terrible. Doctors did not know what was wrong. For three months in a wheelchair. and ate pain meds like crazy. it slowly went almost a way, but my feet were tender after wards. Last year same thing in November, this time by the second day Morphine did not take away pain, so an ambulance was called ( in our first blizzard of the year) and was in hospital where they thought maybe Cellulitis. antibiotics pain meds and anti inflammatory and was in a wheelchair for 2 months. Feet were so swollen there could be no shoes for months. when I went to Mayo for something else. The Doctor sent me for foot xrays and said I have deep degenerative gout. put me on meds for it. Yesterday I woke up with the onset of the pain, strange each and every time it always starts in the same place on the same foot then goes bilateral. and each foot has a different place to hurt. So far I can handle the pain increased my gout med and am hoping that is it. but if it gets worse by tonight I will go in. Good thing I have the wheelchair in the van and ready this time. Daughter says a seasonal thing ? It only happens in the fall, I wish I knew.

No comments: