pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

So Much anger

I read a blog and saw on the news about the poor woman who was attacked by a couple of angry people outside a political meeting. How sad is this? There has always been high emotions at election time. I thought the 2000, 2004 2008, mud slinging elections were bad, but this mid term election is the worst. I could go back in time and show terrible pictures taken at election time, the riots, but it does not excuse this horrible behavior by anyone
I see on Multiply the anger the "my way or the highway" attitude is rampant. It does not matter if you are liberal, moderate, democrat,conservative ,Republican the anger is overwhelming at times. There are some like me that sees both sides the good and the bad. I like facts, I do not read political blogs written by people paid to make everyone angry. I can see they are succeeding. The sad part is both sides blame the other for the anger. It is not the people who believe in a platform on either side that is at fault. Well believing the shit stirrers is wrong.
I registered as an Independent the year, after being a Democrat all my adult life this was a hard decision. I will continue to vote for the person that I believe is the best candidate no matter what party. That is the way it should be.
This anger has boiled over into a ot more than politics as I saw yesterday. What happened to discussion with manners? When did usually nice people became shamefully mean? If you have the answer to that please feel free to explain.

No comments: