pages

Saturday, October 2, 2010

June 2007 360 blog


I wrote this blog in answer to another friend's statement about a political party.


Oh oh Mary this might be political. Or maybe not, maybe just a commentary on people today. When did we start defining ourselves with unnecessary titles or groups? Can't we just be ourselves? Why can't that be enough?

I can understand saying I am American ( or whatever country you are from) but why do we need to know your sexual preference, your religion, your political party? I like to meet people that are real.

Are we nothing without the unreal backing of some group? I hope I can define myself by saying I try to be a good person, I am intelligent, I know a lot, but I know a fraction of what there is to learn. I hope I am nice most of the time. I work on being patient with ignorant people and "know it alls". I really have to work on patience when it comes to the mean political commentators that are on television and radio.

When did liberal become a dirty word? When did conservative become more holy than God? Why do we even need these ridiculous titles that really say nothing? Why do these people not realize most people can think for themselves if they choose to? We do not need mean bigoted blowhards harping on the meaningless crap they keep it spouting on the airways.

I wish for a world where people start to talk with each other instead of throwing rhetoric out and keep repeating it like they know more than the next. We really need to get our ourselves on a realistic path communicating with each other or our children"s children will have nothing, if they are even here at all.

No comments: