pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Once upon a time we learned never judge a book by its cover

Once upon a time( 2003) . I had a very serious screw up at a well known hospital and almost died. Well I survived. Now that is not really what this story is about. One of the side affects of the trauma was my hair fell out, so I had my hair gal give me a sort of boy cut. It helped with the thinness and the new hair growing in.
A friend and I went to Sioux Falls SD to see one of my doctors and while we were there I decided to go to Sam's Club and get a membership. Now this friend always dresses with curls in her hair, bright flowery outfits. while am a farm girl(Old farm girl) that loves jeans and tailored shirts and jean jacket kind of clothes.
We were at the service counter getting my membership card and the girl innocently asked if my "friend" wanted one also. She said they are free for family members. I instantly figured out what she was thinking and I kept a straight face,while my friends said well we are just friends we do not live together. I bet my face was turned bright colors holding in the laughter. I waited until after we were out of the store and I burst out laughing, I was crying I was laughing so hard. my friend kept saying what so funny. Well I calmed down long enough to explain what the girl thought. That we were lesbians. Her mouth dropped open and then she started laughing. When she stopped she said, well we should should said yes, I would have been happy to pay half of the fee.

No comments: