pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

My Monday thoughts

We live in troubled times. Does that make it right to say and do hurtful things? A lot of intelligent  nice people are doing just that. Throughout our times as Americans we have had different opinions on what is right and wrong. That is a good thing. The last  decades  has been getting more and more nasty when  spewing( not discussing)  hateful, hurtful  topics. distortions on all sides, leading to the total disgust of most Americans.We want mature conversations that we can learn from not these grade school tactics of  untruths.
I want to hear what President Obama has for explicit plans for our future, not some blue sky future that is not attainable. I do not want to hear excuses, as Truman said the buck stops here.
As for Romney I want the same, yes I would like to see a flat tax, can you talk about it? Maybe President Obama has something to say about it. Could President Obama maybe accept that his health care plan over steps and needs to make sensible changes. I an old and I do not want to worry about the cares I will be getting and hope that the government has no say in when I will end it. I will let God decide that. I speak for most seniors that are afraid of the current government proposals.
I like to be involved in  political discussions, but without meanness, half truths. I myself made a couple of mistakes  when I posted  things and did not research first. I do not take the writings of radicals as any truth. they are not worth the time or effort to read them as, they make most if not all of it up as they go.I do not want to hear the mumblings of advisers, committee people, or any spokesperson. I want to hear straight from the horses mouth!!!! If the candidates can not speak open and honestly about their current plans,  then they should not be running. How the heck did our early presidents get elected without all the ugliness we see and hear today.

2 comments:

Cinabear Cinnamon said...

Gm tee :)

Unknown said...

Tess this is a wonderful blog and I agree with everything you say
I to don't understand our mutual friend who has gotten really bad and I think a terrible attitude he is about retirement age and one wonders what happened to him he wasn't always so radical,but we shouldn't become mean no way.