pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Manners

I wonder at what others consider manner good or bad ones. I was raised by a kind gentle woman that just did not ever say mean things, I do not remember her scolding us. I just knew the unspoken rules were followed. We knew ,"if you can not say something nice about some one, do not say anything."
Now no one can hurt me by calling me names. I used to believe the nasty you are too stupid, or the you are so dumb, You can not ever do anything right. did hurt and I started to believe it. I now know that it is just frightened unhappy people that have to "put" others down with negative mean words. I took it for over 25 years before I found the nerve to go.. After 5 years of therapy, I remembered how smart I was and how I used to accomplished things , even as a teenager when I was told that is an impossible task, I got it done and done well. I am there again. I know me, I like me. I like the way I view the world. I see a lot of sad things, hear from sad people. I also see more wonderful happy with themselves kind of people. There is much good in this world that I wonder why so many people dwell on the negative.I certainly do not know why they do it with rude meanness.

No comments: