pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

More Right to Bear Arms Another Thought

How often does a confused, hurt maybe broken child ,and at 15 still a child think of doing this..
I will say that when my youngest son, fighting for his life as a baby was in the hospital and a young native American boy about 9 years old would come into the room ever y day and ask how Scott was. He would say he will get better won't he? he seemed to care so much. I would tell him as long as he is here he is doing good. One day I asked him why he was in the hospital and he showed me his wound. It was a rope burn. He had tried to hang himself. Shocked by the horror I let him tell me the story and how sad. This child endured such abuse by the adults in his life that he wanted to die.
I gently spoke to him about Scott's struggle to live and that life was going to be better for him also when he healed because no one would let him go back to the abusers. His answer was,"If I go back, this time I will do it right." I learned a lot from that little child. There are too many people in this world that do not value a child and its potential. All they need is love, and the basics to live.

No comments: