pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

creative Challenge

God’s gift to us

The call came on a dark dense foggy night,

Anxious voice said what should we do,

There is something wrong the baby is coming

The rush to the hospital, the terrible fright,

As son and I drove through the night,

Following the ambulance, the fog swirling,

Watching the barely seen ambulance light,

At the hospital the doctor said 26 weeks too early,

Prayers silently said while holding son’s hand.

We stayed that way son and I frightened and weary,

The doctor came and said you have a son so small,

Mom and dad just rest a while, the wait will be long,

Today I see Josh so handsome and tall,

I know God had a plan when he saved that tiny child

Holding Jenny in his heart when cancer took her away,

Josh my grandson envelopes us all with his manner so mild.

No comments: