pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Blogging Journal ~ What fragrance takes you back


Jul 7, '11 3:40 PM
for everyone
I had to think long about this. I honestly could not say a perfume or one fragrance is locked in my memory. Lilacs send me back to memories of grubby little fists holding tightly to a bunch of bedraggled flowers, It must have taken a lot for those little hands to break off the few branches to bring me, but they managed, it was the prettiest sight and the most wonderful fragrance I ever had. Every year it seemed there was a new little fist, sometimes it was apple blossoms, plum blossoms, or lilacs. But mostly it was the wonderful scent of the child when I hugged them. Now I am lucky to have new little hands bringing granny the treasure of flowers, they still smell the same as did those other little ones when I hug them.

No comments: