pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

The optimist

I have no idea why I keep looking forward, I still dream of things to come. I guess my brain has not received the message that I am old in physical years. My brain, my dreams are as when I was young.
I know the quarter of a century when I was old in spirit was a wasted time. When I woke up and said enough, I wakened a joyous spirit in myself. I have suffered and lost loved ones, my husband, a son, a grandson, a granddaughter. There was pain, but I knew even in the pain they were fine. The pain was a selfish pain of my loss. Each day I wake up, I will moan and groan for a bit, thank God for the day, then I am up and thinking the hopeful mostly happy thoughts. Yes I get frustrated but then that is also a passing thing. We need to keep looking forward, taking the best of yesterday with us. Do not dwell on the bad, it eats a hole in your soul.

No comments: