pages

Sunday, September 2, 2018

Lucky one


I realize I am a lucky one
Sometimes it takes years to see
Now I not only see but know
Unhappy, feeling alone
Growing was hard for me
I did not have nice clothes
Many times I was made fun of
Never had the chance for friends
Too many changes of schools
I did not have vacations
Brothers Dale and Mike
Made our summers magic
Sometimes food was scarce
Brothers Dale and Mike
Helped mom make sure we ate
Dale, Mike and Betty taught me to read
No one knew I could not see
One day someone noticed
My first day with glasses
Was amazing what was a blur

Clearly seeing what I had missed
Then I could see to read
And read I did
My grades went up
I could learn..

I am the lucky one
 For all of the people in my life
Taught me to think for myself
Dad said there is nothing you can’t do
Mom said, when people are talking
There always is something
They do not want you to know
Betty taught me style
Betty said Theresa you can write
 Thankfully Betty was right
Dale and Mike could draw,
They taught me it is just lines
They were right
We just never know
 The little things in life
Makes such a difference
Mom and dad made sure we learned
They said think for yourself
Believe none of what you hear
And half of what you see.
One day I realized the treasures
All the things my family had given me
Makes me realize I am the lucky one.
Tee2018

No comments: