pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Life isn't always what you make it

I have lived a long life, the first years were during WW2 and that was living carefully hand to mouth but we made it. Then life got easier, better food, better clothes, more choices.
In my teen years I made my choices thinking they would be happy ever after, well that was mostly wrong. I raised my family through my twenties mostly without  the kids dad he was busy working and drinking, we survived and eight great children became adults.
I chose after a quarter of a century to leave that bad marriage, ended up in a happy one, one that only last three years until cancer became our life and ended my buddy, my husband.
After that I choose to be a lone except for my children, grand children and a few extended family. One friend( I thought) did a job of pretending to be there for me, then she when she needed something.
For17 years I have had to live with various conditions , all rare and now they are telling me I have a really rare one caused by they do not, bu if they figure it out and fix it my condition of misery will go away. so do I choose to follow through with the tests and hope there really is an answer or do I wait and see what happens next.

No comments: