pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Looking back, a repost from multiply 2009

Funny how time flies. I was uploading my music and my pictures to my new computer. Talk about looking back! Kind of hard to believe that at 15 ,I was busy with girl scouts, my softball team, stock car races and friday night movies and trip to the A&W for a burger and a 5 cent root beer after the movie. That young snip of a thing had no idea what she was going to let herself in for, and thats an understatement!
Don't get me wrong, no matter what twists and turns my life made. No matter the hardships and disappointments. All the successes overwhelm all of the bad. We never forget the bad times. We put them away and hope they stay where we put them. I know some people live for the bad times, ( the poor me) syndrome and thats sad for them. To remember the good, the funny, the wacky times is what makes memories sweet.
Now days I wonder at the noise I hear called music. I wonder at the craziness of young girls trying to be old before their time. I am happy looking at sappy pictures listening to sappy music. The statler song, "the class of 57" is more like my life than what I see and hear today. Its probably just as well I am old, I do not have to to pretend to like any of it.
I can bet when my grand children are old , their grand children will say" OH GRANNY GET WITH IT" Times have changed. Of course they will have changed and lets hope the future gets a chance to find this out. Its when they stop changing that we are in trouble.

No comments: