pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Things that make me happy

First of all my family and friends. There is nothing in this world that can replace them.What would I be without them? I look at the family of four generations and see that I did pretty good.They are all beautiful, bright positive additions to this world. There is sadness for those lost, but loving memories keep them near, wisdom as we age shows us that those that have passed are closer than we think.
My home, I am queen of my castle. When you get older, the fear of having to leave it grows. So I am adapting mine so I would have to be very bad off to have to leave it.
Telephone and computers make me happy because they are my avenue to the world. I get messages and calls from friends and family and of course get to share my unique views of the world each day. Posting my poems, pictures and thoughts are fulfilling.
Getting out of bed each morning and enjoying each day the best I can. I love when the children or grand children call and ask me to research something for them, it means I am needed, doing my genealogy to satisfying. Yesterday I found three early generations of my children's paternal family.
Keeping pictures around ,even if it is not decor correct, I love seeing the faces of my loved ones as I move through the rooms. Taking pictures of them at holidays and family gatherings are the best, or when they are playing and do not see me taking the pictures.
This year I am lucky to be able to have a "garden", of course it is pots of veggies , herbs and flowers, but so satisfying to get dirt on my hands again. This old gardener/farmer misses what used to be, so even a few pots give me a door to happy quiet times digging in the dirt caring for the plants, then canning the hundreds of jars of food for my family. Crazy isn't it to miss hard work.

No comments: