pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Grandma's house guests




Son called yesterday and asked if Ryker and Eden could spend the night, of course i said yes. A couple of hours later I realized that so much of the bedding had to be thrown after the basement flood, . Namely all of the pillows. So a call to son # four and asked if he was going to town, he said yes. So I asked, please pick up a couple of pillows for me and I explained why. Problem solved. So First Eden came while Ryker was at CCD Christmas party. ( I will shoot the teacher that loaded 7 year old kids up with candy and goodies at night). I know it is not too Christmasy to want to shoot someone, ( and I am non violent) but bed time and sugar do not mix. Now the kids would have to sleep on Hide a bed, Now time to get out the sheets comforters etc. Where did my CNA put them? Hmm after searching I found then tucked up in a tote in a closet shelf above my head. Okay now I am waiting for the pillows and # four son to come so he can reach the bedding. Finally( grandma is thinking that bottle of wine is sounding good) Steve arrives, gets out the bedding and opens the hide a bed and MAKES it with the help of two tired hyper kids.
Amazingly the two children brush their teeth and crawl in bed. Eden needed an extra fleece blanket to curl up with, and after I read them a book about Christmas, not another sound from them. So instead of a glass of wine I had a warm milk and off to sleepy land, I am not sure if I dreamed of sugar plum fairies or that bottle of wine. So now I am waiting for them to finish their sleep, I am hoping that the kiddie shows entertain them while I get busy baking. Ryker has plans to move all of the snow in my yard, so there will be a lot of wet snow pants gloves etc. They will have fun, after all there is a lot of snow in my yard.

No comments: