pages

Monday, October 19, 2009

I WISH

I wish everyone was healthy. I wish that if they were ill they could go get medical help.
I wish there were no starving people in the world. Too bad we have so many right here in our country that are starving. I wish everyone in the world had home to go to. Too bad there are millions of homeless people right here in America.I wish everyone had a job, too bad our government allows so many jobs to go to China so their people have a job.
I wish children were given a good education right here in the USA, Where are we in the world standing on education?
I wish we could do this without robbing Peter to pay Paul.
Where is the money suppose to come from? I posted a list of mostly wasted grant money on Multiply last week, I did not hear one person say "Maybe we could use this money to pay for the unemployed, for health care. For the starving, for the homeless". I get a list of grant proposals every day. Anywhere from finding a cure for some disease to watching how high a frog leaps on an island somewhere we have never heard of.
It is a good thing to be interested in what is happening in Washington DC .The problem is there are so many things wrong in Washington. First of all all of the elected people are over paid,( except the President). They have over the top insurance, over the top retirement. And who votes this stuff in? They are allowed to give raises, benefits fit for a king without asking their boss's permission, the American public. And now they are saying a three day week. What heck most of them are not there three days a week!
House and Senate say teachers should get paid for performance. Why not Representatives and Senators also get paid for performance? Each one of these people have how many others getting paid to do their work for them? What is the budget for aides for congress? How much waste is going on every second of every day by these same people telling us to tighten our belts? I do not know about the rest of you but I smell a rat, actually a lot of rats.
Instead of dwelling on one or two things maybe its time to take a look at the whole picture. And come election time skip party registration and actually vote for the most common sense instead of hollow promises.

No comments: