pages

Saturday, November 3, 2018

Thoughts from the Middle of the Night

I woke up a bit after one and started thinking. Something I saw over and over on  the news made me think. Not sure if middle of the night thinking does anyone any good but here goes.
Oprah went to campaign for the Democrat running for governor in GA. Well Oprah always was interesting so I watched some of her speech. If I got it right she is an Independent voter, does no0t live in GA. Now as far as I could figure out  Oprah does not know Stacy Abrams  (I had to google her) and I guess she took Will Ferrell along with her.
So I am wondering the how and why of all of this, did God whisper in her ear? Is she psychic? I am sorry but I am stumped here. First of all Oprahs knows as much about Ms Stacy's qualifications as I do  which you can put in a thimble and still have room, but unlike me she had to go and support this lady.
Oprah  votes in Independent as I do, uses common sense to figure out who to vote for,  but still had to go and help this unknown to most of America win the GA governor election. For what reason I wonder, Oh yeah Oprah did mention it would be historical to have this lady win as the first black woman to be a governor in America. I get that but shouldn't people vote for the candidate's knowledge and experience instead of her skin color?
After thinking hard about this happening I concluded Oprah is either a history maker or racist. I gave her a pass when she wanted former President Obama to be President, I thought she probably knew him and of course you cheer for your friends. Now I am rethinking the reason she was for him, was it the color of his skin?
So here I was lying in my bed in the middle of the night wondering should I be voting on skin color and not on anything else after all I am 1% African in my DNA. Have I been voting for the wrong reasons for all my voting years?

No comments: