pages

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Never too old for a lesson



I am out of practice and that’s a fact,
After hours and hours of  gluing that I did,
All of those Christmas designs  all so pretty
 With glowing lights and garland  they did shine,
 So twenty years  later an idea  came to me


I thought how hard can it be to glue a wreath,
Not for Christmas  but for Summer and me,
So out came the glue  gun, glue sticks and all,
I was so happy with my one of a kind design,


My mind had the idea of pansies so sweet,
Netting for back ground will set it off fine,
And busy I got when my troubles began,
Hands not so nimble, clumsy in fact,

The wreath started to form when I yelled ouch,
It seems the glue went on my numb fingers
Instead of the frame, it caused a heck of pain
Taking the glue off my finger was grim, 

It hurt and took a bit of my skin,
The lesson I learned on this craft day,
If you're going to do what you did back then,

Make sure you have a cool glue gun and bacitracin.
tee 2017

1 comment:

Lia Storm said...

Oh I can sure relate to this Tess ! Nice write and thank you for sharing.