pages

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Thursday Thankful


Things to be thankful for, is a good theme for today. I am  very thankful for each and everyone of my family. For the friends I have  through out my life.  I can not count a lot of friends , but I can count the ones that have great meaning to me. People collect friends, like something they can show the world they have value.. I have found that we have value no matter. People come into our lives for a reason, for that I am thankful. I am thankful for what health I have, at my age any health is sign that I woke up this morning. I can vent and complain about aches and pains, but  sometimes they are the  only topic I can think of.  If I am busy they are forgotten for a while and that is a good thing.

I am very thankful for my memories, as we age they are like reading a good book. there is always some sadness, pain, laughter, love, disappointment but they are our own and no one else’s. I like remembering the good times and sometimes I have to drag  out the not so good ones. But even the not  so good ones are what makes me who I am.
I am thankful that I have a home, a warm fire when I need it. It might not be fancy, but it suits me .A bit wacky, old of style and comfortable. That does sort of describe  me also. Well they say that you start to look like your partner and my home has been my partner , my fortress, a safe haven  and never failing me, so if we seem to be alike that  is okay.

I remember as a child when I had a lot of fears and with good reason, I am thankful a lot of the fears did not happen. There were times as a child that I should not have been afraid but I was and children should not have to go through that. I am here now and  a grand mother and great grand mother. I have survived most of what I feared. Packed them up and put them where they belong in the mostly not  thought about memories. I am thankful that I want to remember the good.
I am thankful for the dreams I still dream and the ideas that I know I could do  if I was able to do them. A good imagination a wonderful gift from God and I exercise it  frequently. In fact  my writing is a bright? Idea I had one day and here I am doing it.
I am thankful that I met someone  that showed me my potential. The potential I always had but  thought was lost. He showed me there is no limits to what a person can do if they want to . It just takes the dream to try, so I will keep on dreaming and trying.

No comments: