pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

Creative Challenge #268 ~Summer~


Summer’s end, his light will be leaving soon,
Taking with him all the loving light
That brightened your life from that first day,
His memory will follow you to the end of your days,
He and you had the spring and the summer of life,
The gifts of family that you gave each other
Will hold you tight, until you are strong enough
 To stand alone,with his strong spirit beside you.

 
~tee~ 2013

 In honor of friend Mendy's husband, who will soon be in God's presence


9 comments:

MitchyLR said...

Beautifully-written tribute to your friend's husband.

tesstruhartz said...

Thanks Mitch, I know how hard this is and i hope when I send it to her, it helps ease her pain a bit.

Dim Lamp said...

It is difficult to lose a spouse, may your words bring comfort to your friend. I like your photo too.

Belita Isabel Janeira said...

I'm sure your friend will be really touched by your warm words...
Thanks for the visit and comment...

Anonymous said...

your words will surely touch her heart as does your friendship!

Danette said...

a lovely tribute, you are a special friend!

Pat Gerber-Relf said...

Wonderful tribute, very touching

Tim .. Another MP Refugee said...

As I age I find that more and more of my friends, relatives and associates are moving to the next level. I feel better about this by remembering the words of Dickens, "It is a far better place I go than I have ever gone before; It is a far better thing I do than I have ever done before." I try to remember that life has not ended but merely changed, and it helps me understand that my sorrow is for me and how much I will miss that person. Great write!

Unknown said...

wow! so many emotions! love the part about standing alone with his spirit beside you.