pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Genealogy on a Saturday



I thought today would be a good day to check out my Ancestry page and I am glad I did. I could not figure out how a G-G-G aunt did not have her maiden name on any of the census or other information. Duh! her maiden name was the same as her married name. I finally found her parents . They were double first cousins. This was not unusual back in the day, most families ventured forth in bunches  when settling  this new land of ours.
It is also amazing that  anyone born in 1812 would have pictures but they do, I guess cameras were not unusual by 1850, specially out in early settlements in Oregon. It also amazes me how crabby they always look.

1 comment:

Cinabear Cinnamon said...

I luv posts about history and ancestors. You never know what you will find, til you go looking. It's great you found a pic and some answers. They are quite serious in pics back then.